Jan 16, 2011

Tums

Is it sad that the best advice I get to live by is from a 70 year old man who lives like he's 30 with a heart condition, taste for expensive wine, cigarette addiction and palette that really only calls for steak rare? Maybe. But my Dad really always shows me the most real perspective on life. He is harsh, has no time for bull shit, and is always right. Although, he may not understand concepts like Facebook and texting I do my best to explain and he does his best to stay ignorant to all the technological complexities of my life. According to him I should just unfriend everyone and just keep my roommates and friends from back home on my page. I told him about my 600+ friends and he royally flipped. I miss my Dad. Truly he has turned my life around in the past 3 days, I feel completely different. Which is weird because it was all due to one conversation. I had rough night and I called him at 3 AM. We talked until 4, and then I finally had a good night's rest. It's amazing what some paternal lovin can do for your spirit.

I feel like each day its getting a little lighter outside. I know it is only that start of January but I can stop thinking about summer. I don't know what I'm going to do yet but I'm pretty sure I may be stuck in Ottawa due to the amount of courses I need to make up. At first that seemed really unappetizing but I'm starting to think that I don't have a choice and it may not be that bad. Maybe. That's too far away I suppose. Isn't it funny how things change? Tables turn and all that. I was generally thinking about breakups and I really realized that there are always two roles. The person who is really hurt in the beginning, while the other is still upset but rebounding going out generally not devastated. And then as time progress I feel like the positions switch. Suddenly after after partying and being OK the rebounder is grief stricken several months later. While the initially more upset one of the two begins to progress and be done with the situation. I've been in both positions. Obviously there is no model to how a breakup actually plays out for the people involved but its certainly a noticeable pattern. I think I like the initial hurt then progression reaction rather than the initially OK then hurt. It seems to drag on more. Side note: I'm moderately stoked to develop the pictures on my disposable cameras.

This weekend was nothing short of excellent, I was in a great state of mind and had a chance to go out with friends while ignoring the ever growing amount of homework. I tried to motivate myself by showering and putting on real people clothes. Meaning an outfit that didn't consist of flannel. It worked. I feel great. And now I'm on here. And not WebCT. Oops. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this on here, because I'm sure you have all heard me ramble in person, but I really love sheep. This sounds crazy but one day I want to live in a little village, somewhere in Europe or maybe New Zeland, and I want to have a gray stone house with a dark wooden barn and I want to have a lot of property all fenced in by wire and pegs of wood. Then I would like 30 or so sheep. And a few goats. Some black sheep too. They're cuter. And you can't tell when they get dirty. So, I will have my sheep and my little rustic barn and to combat the arthritis that will set in from years of holding my pen too tight when I write, and or carpentunal from texting and typing, I will weave. I will harvest the sheep's wool and dye it myself in my studio and I will make beautiful carpets and tapestries to keep my little stone house warm. Naturally I will knit scarfs for my grandchildren too. It's going to be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment