Dec 1, 2010

The Sky Is In Love With You




I can get lost in Value Village. I handed in my last paper of the fall semester of my third year of university. Amazing. Bull's head rhyta I hope I never again have to write 5,00 words about you. You have no idea what that is do you? I hope not. I still can't really remember how I decided that Greek archeology was my type of class- turns out it is though. No complaints. Actually it's funny I was so happy with handing in that last paper that the start of my day was going really well. Then somewhere in between class ending and me heading off to VV boutique (usually quite the pick up) I got so depressed. Stuck in this irreversible bad mood that got worse with the weather. Which by the way was completely awful. It was so cold and gray all day and to top it off it was that kind of rain that seemed to be inescapable. Hoods and umbrellas stood no chance. It was the strangest thing, I didn't even get my usual thrill of stealing pointless decorative items and over-sized sweaters. Right? That is like my favorite pass time. If it's donated its free dammit, don't judge me.

Plus, I'm awkwardly good at stealing and I've curbed my klepto tendencies down to thrift stores so this is really a proud moment more than anything.




Anyway, so I wandered around VV for about an hour and a half, packed my bag, paid for the one record I found and left. Dark Side of the Moon for $1.99? Yes, please. I always buy one thing when I leave with a full knapsack. I do it for the children. Record was in good condition too. I watched some creepy guy eye it and then put it down and I immediately went and grabbed it. I guess that makes me creepy...Whatever, point is there was nothing wrong with today besides the rot weather but I let the smallest things bother me and it surmounted into this preteen hissy fit which I am not proud of. I may owe some people an explanation and an apology.



I came home and just put myself in bed, naps are excellent remedies to many of life's unexplainable hormonal shifts. My roommates were excellent as per usual when it came to lifting me out of whatever it was that was getting me all funkified. C's mum sent us an advent gift calender package thing as she did last year. A present a day for each of us to count down to Christmas, such a smart idea. Anyway, I watched Pirate Radio (The Boat That Rocked) thoroughly enjoyed it bought the soundtrack and am now lulling myself to sleep with classic rock and tea. I'm not even mad, I'm impressed. Oh, exciting side note for the Carleton people out there: I'm hanging my art in Mike's Place in the University Center. Mildly hilarious but its a start. Woo hoo grad bar that serves depressed professors and Indian food. Usual Wednesday tomorrow with B and H.

Weekend things to look forward to: Skrillex, an at home strip show from a previous Playgirl "police officer", and staff Christmas shit show. Excitement starts Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment