Nov 16, 2010

12:48 AM



Today was absolutely ridiculous. The roller coaster ride that was my emotions was uncanny. And incidentally- completely not surprising. Its just one of those day. But I must say I'm very happy to be posting here too. I forgot about all the little things I loved about blogspot. That sentence never happened. Anyway. I want to be curled up in that beautifully furnished abode above, just reading a book, or maybe sketching a corner of the room. Speaking of which, I have art class in t-minus 6 hours. And I'll look exhausted as usual. I'm working on a painting of Peruvian women. Very colourful and I love it but I'm scared I'm going to get lost in all the intense hues and lose depth. We'll see. Thank God for art class I mean really I don't know what I would do with out it.


And after art class, best day ever by the way, I'm going dress shopping for a gala. Yes. Really, tomorrow is going to be just what I need to forget about the shit day that was the past 24 hours. I'm too dramatic. I'm thinking BCBG. Good for me Mum has always been unable to resist a good cocktail dress so hopefully this doesn't make a dent in my wallet. If you know what I mean. And I'm going all out. Head-to-toe: New. Is there any other way though? I mean how often do you get to dress up like that. Might as well treat yourself.

At the end of today there is one thing that I have come to realize. To feel down, deflated, insecure, awkward, emotional, etc. is not something to try and criticize yourself about. Instead to acknowledge its presence, muddle around in it a little and then get a friend to help pick yourself back up is much more beneficial to one's sanity. I took me all day to figure out that the funk I was in just needed to pass, and that for that to happen I really had to stop picturing my self shopping at Cotton Ginny in my forties, alone, and covered in cat hair. Instead I called the people I loved, 4 of which are always easy to get a hold of because they live with me, bitch a little and then get talked out of it. Turns out that all of my housemates were having a bad day too. Which also helped.

There is nothing better then when we all crowd onto someones bed and just sit there and take turns talking about absolutely nothing. We all just get tangled up in limbs and end up killing ourselves laughing, talking about people (nicely, of course), talking about school, and then going to bed seems so much more relaxing. I also like when there is a traffic jam in the bathroom and we are all brushing our teeth together. This is incredible cheesy I have to stop. Lactard.


Anyway, all I can say is that I love my kindred spirits like nothing else. And when there seems like there is nothing great going on I always come home to four people who want to hear about my day. Ew, what is wrong with me, this is unheard of. What the Christ do they put in birth control these days? Last Dawson's Creek comment of this post: L was making me laugh so hard today that it took us an extra twenty minutes to get anywhere. Its time consuming to be that happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment