
What is it about the month of November. It seems like this black hole of homework, bad weather, drama, and overall depression. Everyone I know has been in a funk. As am I. And everyone I know has had a break down in the past week or so. Mine was on Tuesday. As can be referenced in my extremely angsty post. Awkward. Anyway, what I’m trying to figure out is what the deal is and why there is so much stress in the gloomy month.
It could be the post Halloween pudge and perma hangover that made the start of the month seem bad. Sugar highs come down low and no one’s body is particularly happy after 4 days of partying. Man, Halloween seems so far back and it wasn’t even a month ago. Ugh. See what I mean? This month is such a drag. Ok so I guess that takes care of the first week then after that there is the rehabilitation of the normal life, nothing to really look forward to: dressing up skanky passed, Christmas too far away, Remembrance day is just sad. Then there was the weather. Its been getting dark lately, its INSANELY cold, we got tempted with two days of snow out here in Ottawa then that didn’t even work out and now we are stuck with this dry piercing wind that will chill you right down to the bone.

For me it feels like all of the above and then some. The “some” being what most of you can probably relate to. Being swarmed with work and essays to the point where you are eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the library. That is IF you can even secure a spot in the library. And God forbid you have to go outside for a breath of fresh air and the library police come and take your stuff. Like seriously? Library police? What did those people grow up wanting to be, a library rule enforcer? “No chicken, crunchy fresh vegetables, or food in outside containers”. On the real, its university, students don’t have the money to buy all of Carleton’s over priced shitastic Page Break food. I’m sorry. As much as I want to pretend those are actual “vegetables” on a “Italian roll” marinated in “balsamic vinaigrette” my palette won’t buy it. And for those prices I don’t blame it.
Apocalypse now. Apparently. And also “No chicken” common…what is SO wrong with chicken? Bastards.
It’s a frustrating time of year, and if you make it out with your sanity you still only have exams to look forward to. So maybe that is why everyone is loosing it. Crying everywhere. Pacing around with so much to do and no time to waste. Living off granola bars and apples. Trying to socialize but getting too stressed out and end up flipping out or getting wasted. Sounds all too familiar to me….Even extensions on papers are a lie right now. I was granted one and was so happy and then realized that my research paper is now due one day after my other paper in another class. Fuck.
Everyone must get stoned.

I bet you’re loving my upbeat photo choices too. Haha. Well here is the thing, even when we get to exam time, which by the way is in a week and a half, the majority of people I know are still only going to get home by the 21st. And everyone will be shipping their butts back here less then 2 weeks later. Before you open that window and jump, because I have just painted a horrible grim picture that is our future, wait. There are some things to look forward to:
The weather is shit but its getting so cold that it has to snow eventually and then it’ll just but freezing but at least it will look pretty. Its a stressful time but at least you learn to appreciate sleep. With the added stress you may drop a few pounds. When you get home the holiday feast will taste so much better because you’ve been eating like shit for a month. You’ll get new stuff and not have to worry about your Visa bill because its free and wrapped with a bow. It may only be a twelve day vacation but at least you can live it up to its fullest with no school worries in the back of your mind. And last but not least the most important of all is that you are not alone. There are hundreds upon thousands of students right now going through the same thing we are. Yes, that may not sound comforting but at least next time you wanna bitch about it, you’ll think about it, and just accept it.
Personally, I still bitch from time to time but you get my point.
Final note: Fuck the library police.
No comments:
Post a Comment